Hey! It’s been a little quiet, so I’ll just throw out a quick update.
The main reason for the silence is that I’ve had a bunch of other stuff to take care of, meaning very little time left for producing music. That’s starting to settle down a bit though, so I should return to music producing very soon.
Another thing regarding The Beginning is that it might not see a release once I finish it, but I’m not sure exactly how to precisely handle it yet. Basically I’ve gotten some advice regarding how to better handle it (compared to my initial release idea), but I might be able to at least do a “small” release of some sort. A bit cryptic, I know, but there’s a risk that I will have to sit on it while I produce another 1-2 tracks, despite I’d rather just release it, but sometimes you have to be smart and listen to the advice of those who know a lot more about the business than you do. 🙂
The general state of The Beginning is that there’s still a few things left to do. It’s funny how all these seemingly minor things end up taking so much time, but I guess that’s how it is. It’s mainly tweaks to improve the overall track, but I also have to add a bit of melody to the later part of the breakout which I haven’t quite nailed down yet. The track has reached WIP 063 now, so as you can imagine it’s gone through a lot of changes since WIP 001 that was posted here.
I’m anxious to finish it, especially since new ideas are starting to creep into my brain that I want to start working on. And hopefully I can release it in some form once I complete it. 🙂
Right, I’ve finally found an artist name with a bit of help. It’s been a long damn journey, but I’ve settled on something finally. I’ll reveal it once I release The Beginning (I’ll hopefully have things (logo and what not) created and setup by then).
Speaking of The Beginning, since I won’t post any more WIP’s, I figure I’d just throw out an image of how it’s looking inside my DAW, Studio One 3 Professional, because that’s super exciting, right? Still a few things to do on it, but it’s increasingly edging closer to completion. 🙂
Just thought I’d make it known what the status of the track is, since there won’t be any more WIP’s posted. The reason for that? It’s close to being done. Yes, my very first actual track is close to being done – that’s pretty damn exciting (for me at least 😉 )!
The more detailed status is that I’m currently working on the intro portion of the track. I’m not entirely happy with it right now, so I still need to try some things out to get it to a state I can sign off on.
After that I’ll start doing some small tweaks if I feel there’s a need. Try out some different things to see if I can enhance any particular part with what ideas I have.
Then of course after that there’s mixing and mastering, but I’ve sort of done a lot of that already. Never the less it’s still going to take a bit of time to do properly.
I’m really looking forward to releasing my first ever trance track very soon! It’s been a very long journey to get to this point, so it’s really exciting to see that I’m about to reach that goal. 🙂
Looks like I will manage to finally complete a track! Trance 08 has now evolved into what it will become once I complete it, which is “The Beginning”. The right name for what will become my first completed track. 🙂
With that said I’ve made more progress and I’m starting to flesh out the rest of the bits of the track, which is mostly the intro and outtro at this point. The focus now is to get that done and then fiddle more with all the small things here and there, because there’s certainly things I want to improve.
Anyway, here you go – the latest (and first, heh) WIP of The Beginning!
A few notes about the track, for those interested: Hive is used for the main pluck as well as the lead sound, and I’ve made both of those sounds myself. Spire, Serum and Nexus are used for other sounds, with mostly tweaked presets.
It’s in C# minor and the BPM is 138.
And in closing here’s the cover for this particular track. 🙂
So quite a bit has happened with Trance 08 since I last posted an update. It’s actually closing in on being a full track now, which I guess is kind of nice? 🙂
But since so much has happened with it, I figure it’s time for an update, so here you go! Current big problem is that the middle of it is a little, well, boring. It’s missing something right now, so I’ll have to look into that and I already have a few ideas for what I can try out.
Anyway, give it a listen and feedback is as always appreciated! 🙂
Just playing around some more with this Trance 08 track (until I move it into a proper track and starting real work on it). I’m still sorting out melodies and chord progressions while trying various things. It’s important to note that what you’re hearing here is just ideas and not necessarily something that’ll end up in the proper track.
But yeah, a whole bunch of stuff has been played around with. For instance there’s sort of a proper build-up into a drop now. I think it works quite well, but would need some fleshing out to really work – the idea is there at least.
I’ve been a little quiet, so here’s an update on a few things! 🙂
I finished a track about a week ago, however it won’t be made completely public quite yet (but hopefully soon). It’s a piano and strings piece and it turned out really well, if you ask me. There’s a few reasons why I won’t post it here yet, but it is out there and you can find it if you look beyond this site. 🙂
I made a cover for it as well, which you can see out to the right.
I’ve also been working a lot on chord progressions and melodies, and I think I’m getting a lot more comfortable with that whole thing. The piano/strings piece I just mentioned is an example of that, but more so is this little thing I’ve been working on, that I probably have to turn into an actual track. So check out what is currently Trance 08 – 05 below. 😛