I’ve been a little silent, but it’s basically because I’ve been busy. The good news? The Beginning is finished and it looks like I will be releasing it as well. This will more than likely happen very soon as I’m in the final stages of getting everything ready to do a release.
I will write a post sort of reflecting on The Beginning at some point after the release. Basically just write down thoughts of where I ended up with the track, things I learned while working on it and so on. Should be interesting, I think.
Likewise I also have another review to post here very soon, so that’s something!
I also need to compile my Annual Trance List for 2015, and I already know what my favourite track of 2015 is.
I might also start writing some tutorials here on the site (or perhaps elsewhere). A lot of them will probably be Studio One specific though, but we’ll see. I do have a few ideas for knowledge I could share (and seems to be otherwise generally missing from the internet).
At any rate I’m happy that I’ve finished The Beginning and I’m looking forward to working on new stuff, putting what I learned to good use and gain more experience, which should hopefully result in even better music in the future. 🙂
I will leave you with the cover art for The Beginning.
I’ve been a little quiet, so here’s an update on a few things! 🙂
I finished a track about a week ago, however it won’t be made completely public quite yet (but hopefully soon). It’s a piano and strings piece and it turned out really well, if you ask me. There’s a few reasons why I won’t post it here yet, but it is out there and you can find it if you look beyond this site. 🙂
I made a cover for it as well, which you can see out to the right.
I’ve also been working a lot on chord progressions and melodies, and I think I’m getting a lot more comfortable with that whole thing. The piano/strings piece I just mentioned is an example of that, but more so is this little thing I’ve been working on, that I probably have to turn into an actual track. So check out what is currently Trance 08 – 05 below. 😛
I was trying to make some progress on Surge yesterday, but my brain wasn’t quite having it. So instead I jumped into Photoshop and played around with making a new cover, because the current one was just something silly I threw together quickly.
I wanted something that was visually interesting and that I could re-use for other tracks, which this allows me to do (especially since I can easily change the entire color scheme).
So uh, yeah… Here it is!
Here’s a few quick color variations I made, just to try out some alternatives.
Besides that I’m working on the track, trying to really nail a good chord progression/melody, since I’m not entirely happy with what I have. My latest attempt (which I haven’t posted) was… Not good… 😛