A Surge update with quite a few changes!

It’s been a little while, but here’s an update to Surge. 🙂

A good few things have happened since the last update, most noticeably I’ve changed the chord progression a bit and completely replaced the lead melody sound. I wasn’t quite getting the sound I wanted from the Hive (x2)/Nexus/Mai Tai (a Studio One synth) setup I had going on, so I decided to try my luck with Spire instead, which is what you’re hearing now (and an instance of Nexus still).
I struggled to get a properly big sound, while still keeping it fairly clean, despite trying all manners of tricks. Add to that the high frequency noise I was getting from Hive for some reason, which wasn’t particularly ideal. Not sure what the deal is with that, but something I might look into. But I ended up simply trying another synth to see what I could do with it, and that seemed to be the right call in this case.

The top melody has also been refined to, among other things, fit with the new chord progression. Might tweak it a bit still though, not sure I’m entirely happy with it.

I’ve also done a bit of work on various other elements, but nothing major as such.

Never the less, check it out and leave any feedback, good or bad! 🙂

Surge (WIP 078)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s