Prototype update, yaaaaay! Also Presswerk from u-he.

About time I made an update on Prototype, so here it is!

I’ve been messing around a little bit with it today, which resulted in various changes. The synth sound has been re-made from scratch (still using Zebra 2) and I think I’ve managed to improve it. Might still need a few tweaks, but overall I find it better than previously. It’s less brittle and thin, but keeps a decent “grand” feeling to it.

I’ve added a bassline now (with thanks to Arjen Lead). I’ll probably make some changes to it, but it’s in there now to give a bit of bottom at least.

I’ve also been playing with the Presswerk plug-in from u-he (public beta currently) – and this thing is quite awesome! I got it on the master bus now and I really like what it’s doing. This is certainly a buy when u-he makes it available for purchase, until then check out the beta from the link above. 🙂

Overall I still need to open up the track a bit more – it’s sounding a little “boxed in” currently, which kind of ruins the feeling slightly (euphoric hands-in-the-air). Part of the reason I re-made the synth sound was that I couldn’t quite get it sound “open” and not brittle/thin at the same time.

Anyway, have a listen to the latest iteration below! 🙂

Prototype (WIP 66)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s